Knowledgeable New York DUI/DWI Attorney Protects Drivers’ Rights
Committed lawyer defends clients anywhere in the Mid-Hudson Valley Region against criminal prosecution
Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. If you were stopped and charged with a DUI/DWI in the Poughkeepsie area or anywhere in New York, I am here to help. I understand that good people can make mistakes and that breathalyzers can give false readings. At the Law Firm of Marco Caviglia, I have the knowledge necessary to challenge the evidence against you, and the ability to help you pursue the best possible outcome.
Skilled New York advocate challenges drunk driving charges
At the Law Firm of Marco Caviglia, I may be able to have charges thrown out by demonstrating that an equipment or procedural error resulted in an unfair charge. I will examine whether or not law enforcement followed proper protocol in regard to:
- The stop — Police must be able to demonstrate that they pulled you over based on “reasonable suspicion” that you were acting in violation of the law.
- The sobriety test — There are specific rules that police must follow when administering field sobriety tests, including when measuring blood alcohol concentration (BAC).
- The equipment — Breathalyzer machines have provided inaccurate results in the past, and their reliability can be questioned.
- The arrest — For an arrest to be valid, an officer must inform you of your Miranda rights.
- The evidence — Blood samples and other types of evidence must be stored in certain conditions in order to maintain their integrity.
For a detailed explanation of what to expect if charged with DWI, go to my Legal Guide. My firm will strive to get you the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
If you are arrested and charged with a DUI or DWI, it is wise to contact a DWI attorney immediately. the Law Firm of Marco Caviglia can start working on your defense as soon as you enlist our services.
Contact an experienced New York lawyer for help fighting a DUI/DWI
If you have been arrested for DUI or DWI, a qualified defense attorney can advocate for charges to be dismissed or reduced. Call the Law Firm of Marco Caviglia in Poughkeepsie today at 845-471-0044 contact me online to set up a consultation.